Thinking about Getting an Xbox One S?
8/4/2016 By Mason
Xbox One S may not have hit South African shores yet but with an expected November launch (according to a report by Lazygamer) it should be in the country just in time for the December rush. So the real question must now be asked: if I have an Xbox One, is it worth the upgrade?
Having only been announced recently (at E3 2016), fan reactions were mixed with a lot of people questioning why Microsoft would release a console while still in the throes of the Xbox One lifecycle. Microsoft have allayed many of the fears of gamers concerned about whether their Xbox One’s would be useless from this point forward (with assurances that upcoming games will still work on the older and new models) however, what really is the point of a new console then?
If you are still interested in the Xbox One S here are some of the changes most prevalent in the new model:
* 40 percent smaller than the Xbox One
* Can be used vertically with an optional stand
* Touch sensitive power button replaced with physical button
* Controller pairing button moved to the front alongside three USB ports
* 4K video support for Blu-rays
* New controller sporting Bluetooth connectivity (so can also be paired easily with PC) and new textured grips
* Configure your Xbox One S to turn on other devices, like your TV, audio/video receiver, and cable/satellite receiver
More news from mmoxp.com